What is Crickhowell Black Mountains Tourism?
A tourism association of local businesses and organisations working to:
- Promote sustainable tourism
- Increase visitor numbers
- Extend the visitor season
About Crickhowell Resource and Information Centre:
- Open 7 days a week
- Over 50,000 visitors annually
- 4 part-time staff members and over 50 trained volunteers running the centre, handling customer enquiries - for visitors, the community and local businesses
- Website with over 55,000 visits per annum
- Facebook and Twitter accounts supporting and promoting local events and businesses
- Organisation of the Crickhowell Walking Festival, Crickhowell Open Studios and Christmas in Crickhowell
Facilities at CRiC:
- Oriel Gallery – hosts a new exhibition every 8 weeks, features local artists
- Retail – sells locally made products and crafts
- Promotional material – displays leaflets, posters, local interest books, maps and local walk guides
- Meeting place – coffee bar, wifi, conference room and office hire, equipment hire
- Office services – photocopying, scanning, laminating, typing, emails etc
What are the benefits of Crickhowell Black Mountain Tourism membership?
- Webpage for your business on the visitcrickhowell.co.uk website
- Listing of your business on local visitor lists (accommodation, places to eat etc)
- Volunteers can promote your business in response to customer enquiries
- Leaflets, posters and other promotional material displayed for free
- Promotion of your events through CRIC’s social media platforms
- Displays in the window of CRIC for specific all-town events
- Networking events – Mid Wales Tourism, Brecon Beacons National Park, Brecon Beacons Tourism Discounted membership fees of other tourism associations eg BBT
How to join the Crickhowell Black Mountain Tourism group
Complete the Crickhowell Black Mountain Tourism membership form online.
Pay your membership fee by BACS, cheque, cash or card.
Set up a meeting with Clare Beatty (Business Link Ambassador) or Jan Morgan (CRIC Manager) to go through your webpage listing, any promotional material you would like displayed, your products and to agree how you would like your events promoted.